- Explore and learn to apply effective strategies for building a positive school culture in a diverse school.
- Teach the strategies needed to authentically connect with hard-to-reach parents and increase student success through parent partnerships.
- Breakdown stereotypes and biases that prevent one from making an authentic connection with staff, students and parents.
- Recognize the strengths of your own unique culture.
- Breakdown stereotypes and biases.
- Develop individual leadership within a diverse student population.
- Develop strategies that effectively engage parents of all backgrounds.
- Discuss personal barriers to parent involvement and what is needed to overcome them.
- Understand the obstacles to successful parent involvement based on culture, language, socioeconomic groups and past experiences.
- Diversity IQ for Schools offers a full suite of consulting, training and data based assessment services to help schools create an environment that embraces diversity of staff, students and parents.